Crack Filling in Harrisburg and Beyond
High quality, professional crack filling services - Guaranteed!
The Benefits of Crack Filling
Treating cracks when they first appear is the smartest thing to do. Here’s why:
- Saves You Money – Crack filling has the lowest average cost over a four year period than any other form of pavement treatment. For pennies on the dollar, you can protect and prolong your pavement by having our experienced professionals crack fill your pavement. The cost of crack filling is significantly lower than having to repair neglected asphalt. The Asphalt Institute estimates that the cost of replacing your asphalt is 20-30 times more expensive than a single crack filling procedure.
- Prolongs Pavement Life – Crack filling can extend the life of asphalt from 6 to 20 years (According to “The Strategic Highway Research Programs Long Term Pavement Performance Study”)
- Slows Oxidation and Prevents Water Penetration – Water is the number one enemy of asphalt. Crack filling will prevent water from being able to penetrate your surface and disturb the sub-base.
- Keeps Your Parking Lot Safe – Cracks left untreated will turn into potholes, which can wreak havoc on vehicles and make your pavement unsafe for pedestrians and traffic.
- Improves Appearance – When combined with sealcoating, crack filling contributes to an enhanced look for your property.
Why Daniel B Krieg?
For more than 80 years, Daniel B. Krieg has served Harrisburg, York and the surrounding Central Pennsylvania community with outstanding asphalt and pavement maintenance services. When you choose Daniel B. Krieg, you can count on professional and efficient crack-filling services from a deeply experienced team of experts. We use the most effective, PennDOT-approved rubberized crack filler to extend the life of your pavement and save on future expenses.
More about Daniel B. Krieg:
- Licensed, fully insured
- A+ rating with the BBB
- Voted a Top Contractor by Pavement Maintenance Magazine for 2 years in a row
- Every job is done efficiently and professionally
- We use only the highest quality materials and equipment
- We provide a 1 year quality guarantee
- We have completed over 3,000,000 LF of crack filling work for PennDOT, the PA Turnpike, and commercial properties over the course of the past 2 years alone
- We provide free quotes – call us at 717-564-2400
Our work features a one-year satisfaction guarantee on workmanship and materials, so you can benefit from further peace of mind as you protect your paved surfaces. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction!
Learn More About Crack Filling
Choose from the drop-down menus below to learn more about crack filling and our company:
How Do I Know When It Is Time To Crack-Fill?
Once cracks have begun to occur in pavement, the property owner is officially “on the clock” with regards to instituting a crack filling program. You should fill cracks within one season of their first appearance. When your cracks grow to more than 1/8”, they need to be addressed immediately. The key to protecting your pavement is being pro-active.
What Causes Pavement Cracks?
Due to Mother Nature, the formation of pavement cracks cannot be avoided. The sun dries out pavement, creating small areas for water to seep through. During the winter months, this water will freeze, expand, and cause pavement cracks to form and grow larger. Left untreated, pavement cracks will eventually lead to very costly damage such as accelerated deterioration, tenting, raveling, and potholes.
This means that pavement cracks MUST be routinely maintained to avoid deterioration and costly repairs. On the other hand, if pavement cracks are not properly filled, they will only continue to get worse and eventually destroy your pavement.
Our team of highly experienced professionals is ready to keep your pavement in the best possible condition with our advanced equipment and highly engineered material.
We use a highly engineered, PennDOT approved, rubberized crack filler that is designed to expand and contract with pavement cracks. Our crack filler is formulated with asphaltic resins, synthetic polymeric rubber, plasticizers, stabilizers, and a blend of organic reinforcing fillers. This material has a high resiliency to freeze/thaw cycles and has proven to provide excellent results under extremely varying conditions.
Our crack filler material can be used on roadways, highways, parking lots, and airport runways. It meets the following specifications:
- ASTM D-6690, Type I
- ASTM D-1190
- AASHTO M-173
- FAA P-605
- FED SPEC SS-S-164
At Daniel B. Krieg, we use 185 CFM high-pressure air to thoroughly clean each crack, creating a clean reservoir for the sealant to bond. We then apply Penn-DOT approved Right Pointe crack and joint sealant.
We use only the most advanced applicator equipment:
- One Cimline 410 Magma DHR Gen IV Melter/Applicator with Dual Heated Hoses
- One Crafco Super Shot 125 with Compressor and Heated Hose
- One Crafco Super Shot 250 with Compressor, Auto Loader, and Heated Hose
- Two Crafco EZ 1000 Series with Compressor, Auto Loader, and Heated Hoses
- Crack Filling trucks are equipped with 185 CFM utility compressors (100 psi)
When Can Crack Filling Be Done?
Typically the winter months of November through March are off-peak for pavement maintenance services. The reason for this is low temperatures, snow/moisture, salt and snow plows, etc., which can make operations difficult. We typically start crack filling in April for best results. The conditions in which crack filling is completed are crucial to ensure a long-lasting finished product. Pavement cracks must be completely dry in order for the material to adhere to the pavement.
What Areas Do You Service?
Contact Daniel B. Krieg For A Quote
Please contact Daniel B. Krieg, Inc. by filling out the form below, or by calling us at one of our locations.